We had the pleasure to chat a bit with Ummet Ozcan about his latest release “Wonderful Days”, his current and future plans and many more. You can read the full interview bellow:
- You’ve had an extensive career in the electronic dance music scene and witnessed its development. What do you think of todays “EDM”?
I am quite happy with its progress, however the substyles come and go more frequent than ever. It’s just the dynamics of EDM, you can’t change that. I like the inventiveness of the young producers community. It’s very promising for the future!
- What drew you to Dutch duo Charly Lownoise & Mental Theo’s 90’s hit ‘Wonderful Days’?
I have very nice memories of this classic track and have also met the guys a couple of times. And after so many years I guess the time was right to do a new version together with them. It was great fun to get my hands on this!
- There’s a certain nostalgic power in reviving old classics. Do you think it’s important to make these records relevant again for a new generation?
Yes there is an interesting story to be told about how EDM became what it is today. That narrative comes with legendary artists and tracks that contributed. It’s a nice way to keep that legacy alive.
- How was it to collaborate with Charly Lownoise & Mental as well as Orange INC?
Very productive and pleasant, during the production we couldn’t do a real time studio session because of Covid, so we had to send stuff back and forth. It worked out quite well!
- What inspired the impeccable dance beat that is at the heart of the track?
Imo a beat should always be impeccable; it’s the foundation of a genuine dance track. I take a lot time to get that right. Not sure what inspired me at that moment, but it was just there.
- Who are the legends on your bucket list to collaborate with?
I am pretty fond of film score so it would be an honour to do a track with the great Hans Zimmer. Just listen to the music of the movie Interstellar and you know what I mean..
- Have you spent a lot of time in the studio during lockdown?
Oh definitely, I am working on a new synth plugin which is very much time consuming.. I spent hours and hours to work on it.
- What do you have in store release wise and are there any other exciting projects on the horizon?
Like mentioned before, the release of this special producers tool synth plugin. Also a few big Ummet Ozcan tracks are on the horizon as well as a number of great collabs, pipeline stuff etc.
- Finally, do you have a quick message to your fans?
We are living in crazy and often difficult times, but stay strong and healthy and I hope to see you all very soon!
Follow us on socials