Over the past years, Sonny Alven has definitely made a name for himself in the dance music industry. So far, the music producer has released some amazing singles, with which he’s reached an incredible success, plus he’s been performing in many places from across the world.
However, this is just the beginning for the talented producer, who looks keen on conquering the world with his music. He’s just released a brand new track and for this occasion, we’ve had the opportunity to have a little chat with him. So, make sure to check out our exclusive interview with Sonny Alven below!
1) Hello, Sonny! How have you been lately?
Hey! I’ve been really good, thanks! I actually just came back from a trip to Beijing. A lot fun things to see and a great experience overall. And coming out Norway it was a pretty big culture difference, which I think it is really fascinating.
2) So, let’s kick f. You’ve already been in the industry for a few years. How has the journey been for you up until this point?
The journey has had a lot ups and downs, but mostly ups! I feel really privileged to be able to do music full time. Getting to see so many different places and meet a lot cool people, it’s fun! When I started out many years ago, this was just a hobby that I got obsessed with. Then suddenly at some point things started happening for me, and since then I’ve just went with it. Even though I’ve been in the industry for a few years, I feel at the same time like this is just the beginning.
3) In the beginning , who were your musical inspirations? Do they still inspire you to this day?
I was really inspired by a lot the Swedish producers/dj’s like Axwell, Alesso and Avicii. They do still inspire me in some areas, but are not my main inspirations these days. I feel like I’ve really grown as a producer and my musical taste has shifted a lot since back then. When I started out it was more about hands in the air music and big drops. Right now I’m focusing more on good songs that provokes some kind feeling in you. Often it tends to be melancholic feelings.
4) Right now, what are your main challenges as a producer?
I feel like I always have some sort challenge, either I’m stuck creatively on a song or never get happy with the mix and so on. There’s always some sort struggle, haha. Also a big challenge is getting your music noticed by as many people as possible. With so many people making music nowadays it can be hard to stand out.
5) From your point view, what is the one thing that distinguishes you from the other producers out there?
Hmm, I do think there is a lot producers that hop on every trend they can, because they know it will make them popular. But in my opinion the most important thing is to always do your own thing. It feels better!
6) In the long run, what is the biggest goal you have in your musical career?
I think my main goal would be to travel all around the world with my music. Having my own tour and playing some the biggest festivals out there!
7) Your new track Backseat Lovin is out today. Tell us about the track.
I wrote Backseat Lovin’ in Stockholm with Johanna Ekmark. I immediately fell in love with her voice and the chemistry was on point. It was such a fun day in the studio and I think we wrote a beautiful song together. I hope people will enjoy it as much as we did making it.
8) Backseat Lovin’ marks a new musical direction for you. Talk us through the new sound. What brought on this change?
As I mentioned earlier my musical taste has shifted a lot the recent years. Therefore the music I make has also changed. Right now I just want to make music I love, and more slower melancholic music really hits my feelings. But at the same time I will be doing some different stuff 🙂
9) Aside from your new single, what do you have in store for your fans in the next few months? Anything exciting you would like to share with our readers?
New music! I’m currently working on finishing up a lot songs, which I’m really excited for the world to hear!
10) Thank you for answering our questions!
Thank you so much for having me! <33
Follow Sonny Alven below:
/ / / /