Two days ago, a devastating fire broke out at London’s largest nightclubÂ Studio 338Â which has resulted in the tragic death of one staffer. According to theÂ venue, the staffer was a man named Tomas who passed after suffering severe burns. Tomas had been airlifted to the hospital the following dayÂ but succumbed to his wounds early yesterday.
Earlier yesterday the police arrested 14 people on potential arson charges all of whom have since been released and the police investigation is still ongoing.
Studio 338 also released a statement honoring the life of Tomas to Resident Advisor.
Our hearts are smashed and broken. Tomas fought for as long as he could given the extent of his injuries. He was as strong as an Ox but it was too much even for him. We are so sad to tell you all that he died a few minutes ago.
This picture was taken in Ibiza last year when the whole team went out. He was the happiest guy on the island but instead of spending it off clubbing all the time he stayed with the family and played with the kids by the pool, always making sure everyone was having a great holiday, helping with the food and generally just being Tomas. He was so pure and beautiful. An inspiration to us all, always positive, never complaining, working through the night to make sure the parties were the best they could be for you and us.
We are all so devasted to lose him like this. Everything we do from now on is for you our brother.
H/T: Resident Advisor