Drake getting at funk flex again pic.twitter.com/S0y1IYICeT
— DJ Akademiks (@IamAkademiks) August 7, 2016
The feud between Drake and Funkmaster Flex is heating up. After Flex dropped several bombs on Drizzy and calling him a âbozoâ in the process, the Toronto rap star gave his answer.
Here’s a brief recap: On Saturday (Aug. 6), Funkmaster Flex went on the airwaves and called out Drake for using ghostwriters and being a fraud. And despite Drake’s call for Flex to be fired from Hot 97, the veteran hip-hop DJ said that will never happen.
âFirst all, Drake, Iâm not really worried about you making me lose my job,â he seethed. â70 percent your fans wear high heels. The other 30 percent are guys who wear sandals. Iâm not concerned about you.â
After his third concert performance via his âSummer Sixteen Tourâ at New Yorkâs Madison Square Garden, Drake hit up an after-party and shared with clubgoers what he thinks Flex’s comments.
âWhen I say keeping New York music alive I donât mean going and playing songs four weeks late and s—, trying to sound cool, late night, primetime on the radio, 7-to-9 oâclock talking all that bulls—,” he scfed. “I mean shout out to the real DJs that know about the real music and s— like that. Shout out to New York City. Itâs love, you already know. My name is Drake. Iâm here to f— with you tonight. F— the rest that bulls—.â
Funkmaster Flex is not known for backing down from a feud, so expect another bomb-filled tirade from the veteran radio personality real soon.
Grab some popcorn. This is about to get interesting.
NEW YORK CITY NIGHT THREE